Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A day of firsts


Today was such a fun day for E. He tried two new things. And for the most part liked both. He was SUPER moody today, not sure if it was from just being tired (he got to bed kind of late last night) or teething. I've sworn for the last two months that he's been teething. Still no teeth. He chews on everything and slobbers like nobody's business. I decided I needed to pull some new tricks out today. I feel like E gets tired of the same ole, same ole routine. Play mat, swing, play pen, tv, play saucer, play with mommy. It sounds like a lot of entertaining, but each "station" usually only entertains him for about thirty minutes MAX. Last time I checked, there are 1,440 minutes in a day and E sleeps about 900 of those, so that leaves 540 minutes of entertaining. So today was the day to introduce my new friend Johnny Jumper. I put E in it and he loved it. He was spinning, and doing all kind of Superman moves. He was cracking me up! He thought the outside harness was his own personal little chin rest. I definitely have a lazy boy on my hands.


Check out that chin rest


Our next adventure for the day was Nonnie and Poppy's swimming pool. This trick didn't excite E quite as much. He was pretty non responsive to the whole thing. The most exciting thing he did was kick his legs some. He pulled another lazy move and face planted the floaty half the time. I thought E was going to be dramatic and squeal and kick and splash and laugh. Yeah, not so much. I made sure my fair skinned little man was covered in fabric from head to toe. I sure don't need to deal with sunburns and possible teething. The pool lasted for about 45 minutes, so I consider that a success. 


My sweet little fishy


I think E is getting closer to crawling. He has started pulling his knees up some. So I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we are chasing our tiny tornado around. E will be six months old next week, half a year!!! Seems like just yesterday we were going to the hospital to have him. Time please slow down.


No comments:

Post a Comment