Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Three very long, very busy years….

I am officially off my three year blogging hiatus. Life got really crazy, REALLY fast, and blogging became more overwhelming than fun- so I took a little break. Not to mention the two year old and newborn I was wrestling with daily. So much has happened in three years! Ethan started preschool, Evan started walking…and talking, Chris started a semi new profession (outside of being a fireman), I became an aunt again. And lots more in between all of that.

Flash forward to today: what is going on in the life of the E's you ask? Ethan started t-ball and is loving it. His Poppy and Daddy are the coach. I'm pretty sure his Poppy was initially more excited than him. He's officially a Cub. He goes to school three days a week and has grown up SO much! And to think I had m-a-j-o-r anxiety about that decision. Next year he will step it up to five days a week (kind of sad). I feel like I'm paying to be robbed of time with him- did I mention it's only three hours a day? lol. #mommyissues They are only this little for so long. Evan, my sweet little Evie. Don't let his nickname fool you. He is a wild man, who is 100% fearless of any and everything. His alter ego name is Chuck Norris. Evan has busted his chin wide open on a bar, been squashed like a bug under a forty pound mirror, and cracked his head on a coffee table- and still keeps being a daredevil. He is the all time master of the "stank eye." Evan thinks his brother hangs the moon, and his brother is pretty fond of him in return. Evan wants so bad to be big enough to do everything Ethan does, including playing baseball and soccer, and truth be told he could hold his own. He's tough as nails. Evan will also be going to school five days a week come August, and I have a very sneaky suspicion there will be a very hot mess mama dropping them BOTH off that first day and possibly that whole first week. Evan has been my partner in crime on the days Ethan goes to school. I'll miss that…. a lot. Evan is working on potty training- and we are slowly getting there. The whole potty training business has to be done before he starts school, may the force be with us.

Chris and I made a very important decision not long after Evan was born - no more babies for the Mo's!  We parents cannot be outnumbered. Chris had the big V- and that alone is a story in itself. So unless the big man upstairs has a sense of humor, we will have no more little Chris juniors running around.

The house Chris and I had our babies in (not literally) is officially on the market. Sad face. I LOVED that house and it holds so many amazing, unforgettable memories. Just thinking about what all has gone on in that house makes my eyes swell up with tears. Gosh those were some amazing years! Why are we selling? Our dream has always been to build a forever home- a home our kids will bring their kids to- and we finally found a lot that was a decent size in a good area and we bought it. In between selling and building we will live in my deceased great grandmother's 100 something year old house- which is haunted by her, Grannie Willie. We will live there for about two years so we can save a little bit of money to put down on the house. The nickname of my great grandmother's old house is the "little house." One guess as to why…..yeah it's 900 square feet with one bathroom. Good times, real good times. All my little ducklings will literally be right up under me.

Now that I have caught everybody up it's time to get back to blogging! Stay tuned…..

No comments:

Post a Comment