Monday, March 26, 2012

My journey through motherhood

Well, it's official. I am now a mommy blogger. Y'all get to hear about all of my crazy adventures.

My little one is almost four months old (one week away). He is my whole world. I was not one of those mothers that "it just came natural to." I actually had to work at being a mommy & let me tell you...it's a hard job. But definitely the most rewarding job ever! Pretty much everything I expected to go as planned didn't. I wanted to have a natural birth, didn't happen. I wanted to breast feed, didn't happen. So the first week of my little one being here I felt completely defeated. From the day your little one enters this world, you want nothing but the absolute best for them and I felt like he wasn't getting the best because my body couldn't handle it. I dealt with fear that my sweet bundle of joy wouldn't bond with me because I had a c-section and didn't get to hold him until two hours later. I dealt with guilt over not breastfeeding, feeling I wasn't going to be able to give my baby all the benefits breast milk offers. Needless to say all my worries were for nothing, we have an amazing bond and he is as healthy and happy as he could possibly be. I also dealt with postpartum depression on top of all the guilts and fears I had. But we (my husband, baby, & I) all survived and now are truly enjoying our little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment