Saturday, May 4, 2013

Back in the game

After a two month hiatus I am back in the game. I've completely neglected the blogasphere. Life has just been WAY too busy. A one year old is no joke. All day long we go, go, go. I seriously can't take my off the little bugga. I have a ton of stuff to post about, but instead of flooding this one post with it I'm going to split it up. Here's just a sneak peak: we know the sex of our sweet baby and we have a name, we had a super fun gender reveal party to share with all of our close friends and family- pictures coming soon, baby room planning has begun, E has learned to hit and throw toys (in the process of correcting this behavior), hard to believe with my previous statement, BUT, E is at a super fun stage right now, E's already a little ballpark boy- got to get them started at an early age, E is completely obsessed with cars, and that's just some of the fun we've been having.

So to my first order of business:

We are having a boy!!!! And we are beyond excited. Chris is a little scared, because he thinks since it's not a girl I'm going to want to have a third. I hate to tell him, but the sex of the baby has no effect on whether I want more :) To be 100% honest, if all I had was little boys I'd be A okay. They will always love their mommys. I think I'm kind of partial since my first was a boy. I just don't know if I'll be done at two. Chris has informed me that come October (opening of hunting season) when the boys get older I'm going to be all alone because they'll be at the deer camp until December. I informed him I will tagging along. I love the fact that boys play in dirt and bring home frogs and worms. Little boys don't care about what they wear, throw an old ratty shirt and some shorts on and call it good. There's no pinning them down and putting bows in their hair or screaming while your brushing the tangles out of their hair. Oh what fun we're going to have!

Second order of business: name. Evan Reid it is. I stuck with E's because I think it's cute. This name was definitely a little bit harder than the first to pick. It kind of started out like Ethan's did. We had a middle name we liked, just had to find a first name that was the perfect fit. As every day passes I get more and more excited to meet this little guy. Will he be wild and outgoing like E? Or will he be shy and introverted? Will he be serious? Or will he be full of laughs like E? Will him and E be best buds or will they hate each other until they're eighteen? Hopefully the first. At least if their mommy has anything to do with it.

Stay tuned for more of what's been going on in this household of E's.

*Please keep my sweet little family in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment