Sunday, July 8, 2012

SuperMommy

When I was in the hospital after having E, I had the WORST nurse EVER. I didn't have her for just one day, I had her for four miserable, lingering days. I remember what she looks like, I remember her name. Cynthia. She made my post baby experience miserable. I will never forget the words she spoke to me "You can't be a Super Mom." Who was she? I just had a baby, I had a c-section and was in horrible pain (partly due to me rejecting pain medicine because I was still trying to nurse and didn't want my baby getting any extra medicine that he didn't have to), my hormones were at an all time peak, my boobs hurt like all get out, and I had no clue what the heck I was doing. Nurses who care for women post having a baby should be the nicest, caring, most patient people on the planet. Those qualities should be a requirement. No if, ands, or buts. Cynthia had none of those qualities. Patience she lacked. Understanding she lacked. Care she lacked. Every day she came in my room and stood at a dry erase board and lectured me as to what she expected of me that day. I dreaded her coming in my room. But one thing I will never forget is her words...."You can't be a Super Mom." 

I WILL BE A SUPER MOM. I might not succeed every mission as a parent, but I am going to try my hardest. Life is about lessons. Live and learn. Not succeeding doesn't make me not a Super Mom, the fact that I attempted makes me a Super Mom. The fact that I cared enough to attempt. When I couldn't nurse my baby I felt like the biggest failure. I felt like I couldn't give him my all. My body wouldn't allow me. But I attempted. That's what counts. So in an attempt to be that Super Mommy, I have decided I'm going to start making E's baby food. Coming from the girl who hates to cook. This could get interesting. I've done my research and it doesn't look too difficult. Wash, cut up, steam, puree, store. Tomorrow will be the first trial run. There are a couple of reason I've decided to start making E's food:

  1. No preservatives
  2. More nutrients
  3. Can incorporate his meals with our meals
  4. And most important to me, in hopes he doesn't become a picky eater if I can introduce more flavorful foods. 
So to Cynthia, there is such thing as a Super Mom. And I am her.


Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment