Monday, December 31, 2012

A Year in Review

Another year has passed. And I must say, this year I have grown so much! 
I'm declaring it The Year of Growth
Emotionally I am a completely different person. Becoming a Mommy has taught me so much about myself. In the matter of minutes that E took to enter this world I became more vulnerable than I have ever been, and to this day still am. A quote I heard has always stuck with me because I find it so true.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
- Elizabeth Stone

I couldn't explain it any better. 
E has become my WHOLE world. My world literally revolves around him. If I could spend twenty-four hours a day/ seven days a week with him I would. He has made me a stronger person. No longer does the "small" stuff bother me. Because in the end, I know what is most important. Coming home to my sweet family. Pre E I was a busy body, always had to be going, going, going. Lunch dates, shopping dates, vacations, dinner dates, drinks with friends, anything to keep me busy. Now I look forward to staying at home and playing with E. I look forward to family get togethers where E can play with his cousins. I look forward to Santa Claus, birthday parties, and the Easter Bunny. All this coming from the girl who never wanted kids ;) Oh the journey we call life! 

We will be bringing in the New Year watching our fighting LSU Tigers at Aunt Jenn and Uncle Brandon's house. Needless to say, we will be in bed long before midnight. Another joy of motherhood, early bedtime. My inner night owl has disappeared. 

I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for my family and me!

P.S. This is my 100th post. 100 posts in one year. Not too shabby for this busy Mama.







2 comments:

  1. Awe! Brandi I'm so happy for you! Becoming a mother does change you so much in such a GOOD way! During the time in the "trenches", that quote is such a good reminder. I have resolved to blog better this year. It nags at me everyday b/c I love it, but rarely do it! So I'm glad I have a blogging buddy! Congrats on the 100 posts...that is GREAT!! Happy New Year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy- I'm so glad you are back on the blogging train! I love following you and keeping up with those sweet kiddos :) It's easy to get distracted from the blogging world, hence my lack of posts in December.

      Delete