Thursday, November 29, 2012

Ornamental

I have decided to start a Morrison tradition. For a sentimental girl it's all about traditions. Growing up Christmas was a HUGE deal in our house. Our tree was no picture perfect tree found in Southern Living. Instead, it was a tree covered in icicles, colored lights, and meaningful ornaments. To this day I still remember my favorite ornament. A hot pink crocheted ball made by my great grandmother. So in honor of "that" tree, I've decided to create my own sentimental tree with my little family. Each year I'm going to get a family personalized ornament. Where better to start this years search than Etsy? After about an hour of searching I found THE ornament. It was perfect! A little bit of elegance with personality. I placed my order and waited patiently for it to arrive. I got a big surprise once I received the ornament. For some ungodly reason I put 2013, not 2012. I swear pregnancy zapped every brain cell I had, and I didn't have that many to begin with. Being that the ornament was personalized, I would be receiving no refund. I'm optimistic, I looked at the bright side- I don't have to buy an ornament next year. It would be my luck I'd get prego and be due before Christmas so I'd have to get another ornament with the new babies name. Back to the great ornament search.....after another hour of searching I found another ornament. And here is the final ornament purchase for this year.


Notice the year is correct? It only took two attempts. This ornament is much different than the first one I chose, but I love it! It's so fun and so appropriate for our little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment