Friday, April 20, 2012

Spring Cleaning

Today I decided to clean out E's closet, a task that I have continuously put off. There were WAY too many clothes with tags still on them. Since E was born 6 pounds 1 ounce (at his smallest dropped down to five pounds) he wore premie clothes for the first month. By the time he was in actual newborn and 0-3 month clothes it was starting to turn warm. Thank you Louisiana weather! So he pretty much just got 1 1/2 months worth out of the 0-3 clothes. Oh well, here's to hoping the next one is a boy. With our luck, we would get a boy, but he'd be born the opposite season.

Rambling about clothes not worn wasn't the point of this post, it just kind of took an ugly turn there. My actual point is that E is growing up way too fast. I look at some of the clothes I thought were huge and he'd never fit in. The clothes I'm now throwing in the "he's too big for this box." And it breaks my heart. Where does time go? These last four and a half months have flown by. Can I please turn it back, just for a day! Can I go back to the days when he'd let me hold him all day? What's so sad is during that time I was saying "I can't wait till he's older and more independent." Proof that I need to learn to live more in the moment. Even though I know times were tough for the first three months, the good times are the part I remember the most. The first smile, the first giggle, the first cooing. Those are the things I remember.


Evidence that E's growing too fast


My BIG boy

No comments:

Post a Comment