Wednesday, April 11, 2012

There is a light

We have found the light at the end of the tunnel! Hallelujah!! Once Ethan hit four months old, something amazing happened...he started sleeping through the night. Not only did he start sleeping through the night, but he also started taking an hour to two hour naps. Un-freaking-believable. Our sleep deprivation got a tad bit better. We also no longer rock Ethan to sleep. Which is extremely bitter sweet. That was one of my favorite times. Holding that sweet baby in my arms. Even though usually he was fighting us tooth and nail. Oh how quickly we forget. We put Ethan in HIS crib and pat him a few times and he goes out like a light. Did I mention we're also in our crib?! Another thing I was in no rush to do. E wakes up usually one time a night and it's due to that darn paci falling out. We put him down between 7:30 and 8:30. We dream feed him between 10:00 and 11:00 and he doesn't wake up for a feeding until 4:00 or 5:00. Which he goes back to bed until 8ish after that feeding. We really couldn't ask for a better baby. He's so much happier and less fussy. I feel like we have the "dream" baby. I love seeing him so happy. I also took E off his Zantac....me being a person who works in the medical field sees Zantac as a medicine EVERYBODY takes, so I assumed there are no side effects. Well thank goodness for Nonnie who took the time to actually read the COMMON side effects. Which include, headache, nausea, stomach upset. So I decided to take him off of Zantac and see how he did. And he did great! His feeding schedule was also changed from every 4-5 hours to every 3 hours no matter what. I don't think he was getting enough calories during the day so he'd wake up hungry at night. So quite a few things changed at four months, I'm going to go ahead and a say it was a combination of all these things that gave us this completely turned around baby. It was literally an over night change. I can't wait to see what five months holds for us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment