Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Politic'an

It is election season and I am SOOOOO over it. Notice so is capped, underlined, bolded, and italicized. Placing major emphasis on that word. All of the Facebook posts on the candidates are driving me mad. I get it, people get fired up about politics. I agree, it's a very important issue. One I am very passionate about myself. We (Americans) are voting on a single person to run our country, pretty dang important if you ask me. But what does a Facebook post prove? It divides people even more than we already are. People aren't going to be persuaded to vote for a candidate based on an angry rant on Facebook. If anything they are just going to be pushed away, solidifying their reason for voting for the other opponent. People will make their decisions based off of what they see on the debates/news coverage, not a Facebook post. 

People, during debates place your phones and computers under lock and key. And hide the key for at least twenty-four hours. Just enough time to simmer on down. 

Not only am I over the excessive political Facebook posts/rants, but also the daily news coverage. Each day seems to be a repeat of the day before. Obama was campaigning in (insert favorite swing state) and Romney was campaigning in (insert favorite swing state).  I vote we have one day a week of political news coverage, not every single day. Every single day for the last three months gets old really quickly.

One positive from this campaign season. I have received NO phone calls endorsing any candidates this year. Thank you sweet Jesus! I guess the "do not call list" is working. 

November 6th can not get here fast enough!
God Bless America!


No comments:

Post a Comment