Monday, May 28, 2012

Reality

Reality sunk in this weekend. I am officially a parent. I have my parent card. Friday night we went to a friend's fish fry, which might I add was delicious. I love fried fish. At 10:30 I was yawning away, not from the lack of entertainment, but I haven't been out (as in night time) since before E was born. My body can't hang anymore. We tapped out at 11:00. I couldn't wait to go pick E up the next morning. It sounds crazy, he was only gone for a little over twelve hours, but I missed him so much.

Saturday we went out to my sister-in-law's house for dinner. We had a great time. E played with his cousin Allison, who he absolutely adores already. She's going to make a great babysitter for when E gets a little older. And Sunday we relaxed by Nonnie's pool and had steak and potatoes for lunch. It was a wonderful Memorial Day weekend spent with the one's we love the most. I was in bed by 8:30 Sunday. It's amazing how much keeping up with a kiddo drains you.

These early bedtimes got me to thinking about how much I have changed since becoming a mommy. My life is no more about late night partying, but early morning tickle sessions. I find myself in constant "baby talk" mode. Recently, I've started hammering the word mama into E's head. But I put a funny sound to it and make my eyes really big when I say it, and E thinks it's the funniest thing ever. He's never going to say mama now. He thinks it's a game. And I'm okay with that. It's worth hearing him laugh so hard. I've gained these super sensory ears since becoming a mommy. I can hear a baby cry from a mile away. My driving has definitely improved. I've ditched my previous road rage for my new style of driving known as grandma driving. I go five miles under the speed limit and looking both ways three times before crossing. My arms look dang good right now. Toting around a sixteen pound baby and a five pound baby carrier can work wonders. I've fallen in love with baby lotion. I used to think it was the stinkiest stuff ever, not anymore. It reminds me of E and how sweet he is at night when I'm getting him ready for bed. I am enjoying life so much right now. The real things that make my life worth living: my E, my love (Chris), and my family.


My two boys


No comments:

Post a Comment