Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Heavy Heart

Today my heart is heavy. A horrendous tragedy struck the hospital I work at. A tragedy that hits so close to home. A physician accidentally left his six month old baby in the car. Eight hours later he realized it, but it was too late. I can not even begin to imagine the pain he is feeling. My heart hurts for him. He is a kind, caring, compassionate man who worked hard to better other people's lives. Giving people a second chance at life. And sadly his pride and joy, the love of his life was taken too soon. People are so quick to judge this man...who could leave their child in the car all day? Who could not know their child was in the back seat? What kind of parent is he? .......so on, and so on. Life is busy. In the 2012 generation it's go, go, go. I see it all the time. Families trying to get to work, trying to make ball practices, trying to get the kids to school, trying to make dinner, trying to sustain every day life. As a generation we never just SLOW down. We never stop to smell the roses. I'm sure this physician was out of his normal routine. I'm sure it's not his every day routine to drop his kid off at day care. Baby falls asleep, he rushes into work with a mind full of what surgeries he has today and forgets she's even there. We all say we would never forget our kid...but would we? One slight glitch in our routine and would we? I personally can't answer that. My eyes swell with tears thinking about what if I was in his position. I can't even begin to wrap my head around it. And it was so obvious around the hospital how much this man loved his child. All I can offer him and his family is my prayers, because I have no words. The words I offer won't provide the comfort I wish I could bring. Please say a special prayer for this family and the sweet angel they lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment