Monday, August 27, 2012

Sliders

My post pregnancy diet is ridiculous. I will eat just about anything. Pre pregnancy I was the pickiest eater on the planet Earth. If it looked funny, if it felt funny, if it smelled funny this sister wasn't getting near it. Wouldn't even try it. A food monster entered my body when I was pregnant and she told me to eat any and everything. And I did. Well now, almost nine months later that monster still exists. My husband would consider this a blessing (he hated my picky eating habits, blamed it on my mother). I eat bell peppers, I eat balsamic vinegarette dressing, I eat guacamole, I eat broccoli, if it's edible I will eat it- exception liver, wild animals, and tongues. Where in the world is this story going you ask? Well tonight I was telling my mom about these Pinterst slider sandwiches that my friend made that were absolutely delicious. Here's our conversation played out for all of blogger world to see:

Me: Mom my friend at work made these amazing slider sandwiches and they were SO good. I'll have to give you the recipe.

Mom: I know I've made those for you before.

Me: No you haven't. These were delicious. I would've remembered if you had made these. They are ham, cheese,  on a Hawaiian roll with mustard and brown sugar on top.

Mom: That's what mine were.

Me: No they weren't

Mom: (pulling out recipe) Was the topping butter, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and poppy seeds. 

Me: YES! That's it, but I'm telling you I've never had them.

Mom: I know, that's when you were a b*tch. 

And this is why I love my mom so much. If anybody wants to know where I got my personality from, look at this woman. Apparently I refused to try the sandwiches. Here is the recipe for the most delicious sandwiches EVER!



Swiss or Mozarella Cheese
Hawaiian Rolls
Honey Ham

Topping:
1/2 cup butter
2 T mustard
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T poppy seeds
1/3 cup brown sugar

Cover with foil and bake at 350 degress for 30 minutes. SO GOOD!

Here's a link to the actual recipe. I took some stuff out ;) World's Best Sliders


I couldn't close without a couple of cute pictures of my little man. E's new toy, his own personal Radio Flyer airplane. Ready for takeoff. 


Doing some wheel repairs. This child loves the wheels on toys.






No comments:

Post a Comment